“Slow down and fill your self-care cup. This is your time to connect with your growing baby and go within”.Adele O’Connor
Your body is aching. Tossing and turning all night trying to find a comfy position. You had a long journey TTC and are feeling very anxious.
You are exhausted. On top of all that you are wondering how the hell you are going to navigate the global pandemic that is taking over you pregnancy journey?!?
Help is at hand, pregnancy massage is great for:
- alleviating muscle soreness throughout your pregnancy.
- Helping you to get better rest
- Preparing you physically and emotionally for labour
- Supporting you emotionally
- Keeping your body in alignment to help labour
- Creating a safe and nurturing space for you to relax and escape from the outside world.
What is Pregnancy Massage?
It’s massage to help soothe your body, mind and soul during this special time. Pregnancy massage allows you to slow down and fill your self-care cup. Whether you are a first time mum or not, the stress and anxiety that comes with pregnancy can take it’s toll on mother and baby.
Massage is tailored to your trimester and can support you throughout your pregnancy from week 1 to labour. As your body changes hormonally and physically, massage keeps you in alignment and eases pain.
You are supported by pillows and massaged side lying for optimal comfort and safety. Blissful massage is enhanced with guided meditation to take you deep within your womb and connect with your growing baby.
What to expect?
For your first visit please book in for a 90 mins ‘initial pregnancy massage’ appointment and complete the online consultation form. Completing the online form saves time at your appointment, meaning more hands on massage for you. A 90 minute appointment ensures that there is enough time to capture all of the information needed to cater for your needs.
Positioned for comfort and safety
Side lying is the safest and most comfortable form of pregnancy massage. Your precious belly bump is supported by a Denton pregnancy pillow and your neck, legs and shoulders are supported with pillows to ensure your upmost comfort. Both sides of your body are massaged and you will be sent into a deep relaxation with a guided meditation. With consent your pregnant belly is gently massaged from week 20 onwards.
When should I book my pregnancy massage?
- As a trained Nurture Life Practitioner you can be confident to receive pregnancy massage from trimester 1, up to the onset of labour.
- The first trimester can be quite stressful as the body adjusts to the changing hormones; you may feel extremely tired, feel nausea and anxiety. Massage will allow you to rest and soothe your anxieties.
- It’s a great idea to coordinate your pregnancy massage with your GP, OB/GYN or midwifery appointments to ensure that we are providing you with the best treatment relative to you and your baby’s development.
- Research in to pregnancy massage has shown that women massaged twice weekly for five weeks experienced less anxiety, leg and back pain. This group was compared to control groups who practiced relaxation exercises only. The women who had experienced massage reported better sleep and improved moods; their labour had fewer complications including fewer premature births ( T Field).
- For optimum well being during your pregnancy it is recommended to receive massage every 2 weeks throughout your pregnancy.
Pregnancy Massage can be tailored to work for you during each stage of your pregnancy.
I look forward to meeting you and supporting you all of the way.